The written consent must be signed and dated and:
1) Specify the records that may be disclosed;
2) State the purpose of the disclosure; and
3) Identify the party or class of parties to whom the disclosure may be made.
“Signed and dated written consent” under this part may include a record and signature in electronic form that—
1) Identifies and authenticates a particular person as the source of the electronic consent; and
2) Indicates such person’s approval of the information contained in the electronic consent.
The following are generally acceptable forms of prior written consent:
a) an email from a student’s @uconn.edu account
b) pen and paper
c) FERPA release form
d) Online tools that require the student to login to authenticate themselves (e.g. FERPA Designee Pin Page)