The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law designed to protect a student’s right to privacy and along with University policy, guides UConn’s management and use of student records and information. This training will provide the Faculty and Staff with information on UConn’s FERPA policy, procedures, and best practices to assist in carrying out everyday responsibilities.
****Instructions for Completing FERPA Training***
- Log into HuskyCT
- On the Institutional Homepage, scroll down to the section titled "Self-Enroll Courses and Organizations for Faculty and Staff"
- Click the link "FERPA Training for Everyone"
- Expand the left side menu and click the "enroll" button and click submit
- On the self enrollment confirmation page, click "Ok" to continue to the course
- Click the UConn FERPA Training Link to begin the course